Effective as of August 2023
Your information privacy is extremely important to us. This Privacy Statement applies to all users of the Site and Services.
BY USING THE SITE OR SERVICES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Managing Your Information Preferences
You can review, correct, update, or change your Personal Information or opt out of receiving certain e-mails by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if your account type on the Site allows you to change the relevant settings, by changing the relevant settings in your account on the Site. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us, however, you cannot opt out of receiving all e-mails from us, such as e-mails about the status of your account or an order. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please e-mail us at the same address.
Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number, mobile phone number, e-mail, payment information, your location using GPS coordinates, and other personally identifiable information that you choose to provide us with or that you choose to include in your account (“Personal Information”). You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you register with the Site or use any of our Services, when you place an order, and at other times.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Site (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you use the Site we automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, the websites you visit before and after visiting the Site, and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Site and Services, and to enhance the services we offer.
Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We collect device-specific information (such as your unique device identifiers). We may associate your device identifiers with your account.
Personal Information You Make Available to Others
By using the Site or the Services you may make parts of your Personal Information visible and available to others. For example, when you post a comment or a photo on the Site other users may see your name (first name and last name initial), the city you live in and other information that you choose to make available to others.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as development, customer service calls (web-based chat, telephone, e-mail), hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, shipping product and publications, advertising, marketing, surveys and promotions, and online training. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
Advertising and Online Tracking
We may allow third-party companies to collect certain anonymous information when you visit the Site and Services. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. click stream information, web browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you on other websites. These companies typically use a cookie to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our Service Providers who utilize these cookies on our Site enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices/. We also provide you with additional tools to opt out of marketing from us. You can learn about this in the “Managing Your Information Preferences” section of this Privacy Statement.
Gruene Guitars LLC has not, does not and will not sell personal information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
Third Party Websites and Social Platforms
Our Site and Services may contain links to and from other websites or allow you to share content on third party websites or social platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter. A link to a third party’s website or social platform does not mean that we endorse it or that we are affiliated with it. We do not exercise control over third party websites or social platforms; you access such third-party websites or social platforms at your own risk. You should always read the privacy Statement of a third-party website and social platform before sharing any information on or with them.
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 16 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our records. California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publically posted on the Site or Services by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please note that most of the user content that appears on our Site or Services is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
Processing in the United States and Other Countries
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store information both in the United States and in other countries. The laws in the United States or other countries may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
The Types of Personal Data That We Collect
• Personal Data that you provide to us.
From customers: Name, mailing or billing address, telephone number, or email address, email preferences, password for your Account and password hint question, guitar(s) registered (including, where provided, purchase information such as guitar serial number, location purchased from (including dealer name), date purchased), and credit card data that enables us to receive your payment for purchases or repairs.
• Personal Data collected by automated means. Usage information may include, among other things, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, the type of content being transmitted (e.g., video content) or application being used, how many users visited the Sites, preceding page views, and network traffic information.
• Device identifiers. IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, technology or other device you use to access the Services.
• Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them).
• Web beacons. Includes the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the data in Cookies set by third parties.
Purposes for the Processing of Personal Data; Legal Basis
We process your Personal Data on the following legal bases, and for the following purposes:
• For entering into and performing the contract between you and Gruene Guitars (to provide the Services and process payment information);
• For our legitimate business interests (fulfilling guitar registration incentives, fulfilling orders for purchases and repairs, fulfilling email subscriptions for the Gruene Guitars Insider, responding to customer service inquiries, to provide the Services to you, respond to requests that you make, manage our network and business, provide training and support, improve the Services, and better tailor content, advertisements, offers and the features, performance and support of the Services);
• With respect to cookies and other similar technologies, based on your consent and/or opt-out mechanisms as required by Directive 2002/58/EC and any successor legislation;
• For visitors to the Gruene web site(s) or properties, users of mobile applications, or participants in social media channels, based on your consent;
• For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data or otherwise with your consent; and
• To comply with our legal obligations.
We do not use your Personal Data for any automated decision.
Recipients of Personal Data
In order to provide the Services, carry out your requests, make various features, services and materials available to you through the Services and respond to your inquiries, we may share your Personal Data with third parties that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies or individuals that: (a) process your order or application, manage your account, or send you information about products and services that you have purchased; (b) host or operate our Sites; analyze data; provide customer service; or manage payments; and (c) sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions or provide marketing or promotional assistance. In such cases, such third parties are not entitled to use this data for any other purpose.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
• Complete your transaction;
• Provide you a good or service;
• Perform a contract between us and you;
• Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
• Fix our system in the case of a bug;
• Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
• Comply with a legal obligation; or
• Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the consumer’s rights granted by law.
There may be cases where restrictions on the amount of data that can be disclosed to data subjects under applicable law (for example, if that would necessarily involve disclosing data about another person). Gruene Guitars is permitted to withhold some types of Personal Data in certain circumstances, subject to applicable local law requirements. If there is a dispute, please contact Gruene Guitars using the contact information provided below in the Contact Information section. In addition, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Personal data is retained by Gruene Guitars no longer than necessary to execute its obligations to (1) former employees to provide post-employment benefits; (2) clients or business partners under applicable contracts; or (3) customers with respect to warranty and support of Gruene-produced goods or related services.
Privacy Statement Changes
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. y continuing to use the Site or Services, you are consenting to the revised Privacy Statement.